Sunday 22 March 2015

BIRMINGHAM VINTAGE KILO SALE | ad

 
 

 
 
 
 
First off, let me just apologise for how picture heavy this post is but I simply cannot help it! I was invited to the Birmingham Vintage Kilo sale by a lovely girl called Jenessa. I've been to the event once before and got a few items but this time I knew what I was doing and got quite a lot of vintage bargains! If you haven't heard of the Vintage Kilo sale, it is basically where tonnes of vintage clothing from the 1960s-90s are put in huge rummage tubs and rails for people to look through. You can pick & mix items you like by putting them in a vintage kilo carrier bag, and when you’ve finished shopping, you take it to the weighing tills where you will be charged £15 per kilo. I've found that you can literally get a whole new wardrobe for super cheap - I certainly have for S/S15!
 
Now, firstly when I was welcomed in, I immediately was very jealous of Jenessa's paisley print shirt and dress. She looked amazing! I went rail to rail and picked up lots and lots of items which were slightly more colourful than my normal wardrobe! I think there was a lot of things I could have picked up- especially shoes - but I kept it all clothes and I'm so excited to wear it all! I met a lovely girl with a beautiful, brightly coloured Kanken! I had to take a picture with us standing together because I simply loved it! Maybe I'll treat myself to a yellow Kanken soon!
 
Since we are leaving winter behind and we are entering spring and summer, I did take that into consideration when picking things up! I decided I needed more dresses and skirts so luckily I found loads I loved. I really adore pinafores and I got one which will be so good to layer with a white ringer tee underneath! I also wanted to go out of my comfort zone a little, so I got a tea length skirt with a gorgeous patch print on! I think in the summer with some converse or doc martens I will get a super cute yet grungy look. Shirts and collars have always been something I love- I managed to find 3 different style tops that I can layer and wear in different ways!
 
If you ever get chance to go to one of these events and you love vintage its an amazing experience and I love it! For more info and event listings check out the Vintage Kilo Facebook page here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment